Biblical Hermeneutics: Five Views
Out of stock
Biblical Hermeneutics: Five Views bring together a distinguished panel of experts to state and defend their approach to the discipline. Keying each perspective to a specific text, Matthew 2.7-15, each contributor draws out their how their approach to the discipline of hermeneutics would affect the interpretation and consequently elucidate the meaning of the Matthew pericope.
The result is a riveting and mind bending exploration of how to read the biblical text from multiple approaches each of which remains congruent with Christian belief.
- Craig Blomberg (historical-critical/grammatical approach)
- Richard Gaffin (redemptive-historical approach)
- Scott Spencer (literary/postmodern approach)
- Robert Wall (canonical approach)
- Merold Westphal with the philosophical/theological approach