Authentic Love (Workbook) (Guys)
25 in stock
Every day we are invited into a world where we can create, customize, and even change our identity. We become consumers in a culture that tells us we can have whatever we want whenever we want it. Speaking directly to the hearts of guys, Authentic Love: Christ, Culture, and the Pursuit of Purity exposes culture’s distorted messages about purity and love and reveals how God has created us for a lifestyle of personal holiness. Over the course of 8 sessions, guys will examine five attributes of holiness that shape our identity. They will be challenged to reject the self-serving influences of culture and embrace what it means to live as godly young men who reflect the character of Christ.
- 8 group sessions
- Leader helps in the back of the book to guide questions and discussion with small groups
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered approach to sexual purity
- Students will recognize the difference between culture’s distorted messages about sex and God’s design for it.
- As they learn to pursue a lifestyle of personal holiness and put aside selfish desires, students will be equipped to fight sexual sin and temptation.
- Examines the importance of sexual purity through the lenses of identity, forgiveness, love, humility, self-sacrifice, and endurance.
About the Author
For more than 18 years, D.A. Horton has been teaching teenagers about biblical sexuality. He uses Rap music as a tool to help educate the people of God on the precepts of Scripture as well as how to evangelize to the lost by presenting them with the gospel of Jesus Christ. D.A. currently serves as Pastor of Reach Fellowship, a church plant in North Long Beach, California, and as Chief Evangelist for the Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI). He holds a Masters in Christian Studies from Calvary Theological Seminary and is currently working on his Ph.D. in Applied Theology with a North American Missions emphasis at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is also the author of G.O.S.P.E.L., DNA: Foundations of the Faith, and Bound to Be Free: Escaping Performance to be Captured by Grace. D.A. and his wife, Elicia, have two daughters, Izabelle and Lola, and a son, D.A. Jr. (aka Duce).