Authentic Love (DVD Leader Kit)
3 in stock
Every day we are invited into a world where we can create, customize, and even change our identity. We become consumers in a culture that tells us we can have whatever we want whenever we want it. Speaking directly to the hearts of guys and girls, Authentic Love: Christ, Culture, and the Pursuit of Purity exposes culture’s distorted messages about purity and love and reveals how God has created us for a lifestyle of personal holiness.
Over the course of eight sessions, students will…
- examine attributes of holiness that shape our identity
- be challenged to reject the self-serving influences of culture
- learn to embrace what it means to live as godly young men and women who reflect the character of Christ
This True Love Waits Leader Kit it includes two Bible studies:
- Authentic Love Book with DVD for Guys by D.A. Horton*
- Authentic Love Book with DVD for Girls by Amy-Jo Girardier*
*Each DVD includes two promotional videos, eight 10-minute video sessions, and social media clips
to promote the study.
- 8 group sessions with video
- 2 small group Bible study books with leader guides in back
- 2 DVDs: each DVD will include promotional videos, teaching sessions, and downloadable social media clips to promote thte study
- Interactive teaching video (approximately 8-10 minutes) to introduce each session
- Leader Guide in the back of each book to guide questions and discussion with small groups
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered approach to sexual purity
- Students will recognize the difference between culture’s distorted messages about sex and God’s design for it.
- As they learn to pursue a lifestyle of personal holiness and put aside selfish desires, students will be equipped to fight sexual sin and temptation.
- Examines the importance of sexual purity through the lenses of identity, forgiveness, love, humility, self-sacrifice, and endurance.
- Video teaching from some of the leading voices in student ministry will help students understand the unique challenges they face when it comes to pursuing purity in today’s culture and how God’s Word equips them to face these challenges.
About the Authors
Amy-Jo Girardier is the Girls Minister at Brentwood Baptist Church in Brentwood, TN. She has been serving in this role for 14 years and still can’t believe this is what she gets to do for a job! Originally from Springfield, IL, Amy-Jo graduated from Southwest Baptist University and attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary to pursue a Masters in Christian Education. She is the founding editor of www.girlsminister.com, a website created to connect and resource girls ministers, moms, and youth workers engaged in the girls ministry conversation. Amy-Jo has also written Faithful One: A Study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians for Teen Girls with Lifeway and serves on the Lifeway Girls Ministry Team. She is married to Darrel and they have a son, Scout, and another son on the way.
For more than 18 years, D.A. Horton has been teaching teenagers about biblical sexuality. He uses Rap music as a tool to help educate the people of God on the precepts of Scripture as well as how to evangelize to the lost by presenting them with the gospel of Jesus Christ. D.A. currently serves as Pastor of Reach Fellowship, a church plant in North Long Beach, California, and as Chief Evangelist for the Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI). He holds a Masters in Christian Studies from Calvary Theological Seminary and is currently working on his Ph.D. in Applied Theology with a North American Missions emphasis at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is also the author of G.O.S.P.E.L., DNA: Foundations of the Faith, and Bound to Be Free: Escaping Performance to be Captured by Grace. D.A. and his wife, Elicia, have two daughters, Izabelle and Lola, and a son, D.A. Jr. (aka Duce).