By Karen Ehman & Ruth Schwenk
Ten myths moms believe and why we all need to knock it off.
Moms have been hoodwinked -tricked into believing lies that keep them from not only enjoying motherhood, but forging friendships with other moms who might tackle the tasks of motherhood differently. Myths such as – Mothering is natural, easy, and instinctive? cause moms to feel like failures if they have questions or apprehensions in raising their kids. Operating from the premise that, -The way I mother is the right (and only) way – puts up fences between moms instead of building bridges of encouragement between them. Lies such as “I am my child’s choices” tempt moms to mistakenly believe that if their child makes a wrong choice then they, in turn, must be a bad mom.
In their encouraging “we’ve been there” style, Karen Ehman and Ruth Schwenk enable mothers to:
- Identify the ten myths of motherhood our current culture perpetuates
- Replace the lies with the truth of what God says in the Bible about mothering
- Acquire practical tools to help them form new and improved thought patterns and healthy behaviors
- Forge healthy, supportive relationships with other moms of all ages and stages
- Confidently embrace the calling of motherhood as they care for their families in their own.
PRICE: R290.00 (limited stock available)