We all know that the 10 Commandments are the very building blocks of our Christian Faith. As Children we were taught the 10 commandments, and over the years we have heard many sermons based on these commandments and seen movies of the same. Sometimes it is easy to fall into the trap of seeing God’s law as a list of do and don’ts instead of viewing them in a positive light.
Author & Pastor, David Murray, has (cleverly) re-framed the 10 Commandments as list of God’s laws for us to enjoy and take pleasure in:-
- Enjoy the pleasure of knowing, worshipping and serving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength.
- Enjoy the pleasure of worshipping God in ways that He approves, loves, rewards, and responds to.
- Enjoy the pleasure of speaking and singing about God’s beautiful persons, names, attributes, and acts.
- Enjoy the pleasure of six days working in God’s calling for you and then enjoy the freedom of one full day off work to worship God and rest.
- Enjoy the pleasure of loving and following the leaders God has placed in your life for your temporal and eternal good.
- Enjoy the pleasure of healthy attitudes and activities that will improve the quality and length of your life.
- Enjoy every physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual pleasure with the wife/husband God has given you.
- Enjoy the pleasure of growing wealth in order to provide for your family and to bless others with loving generosity.
- Enjoy the pleasure of praising others and of promoting all that is true, beautiful, and good.
- Enjoy the pleasure of being thankful and content with all that God has given you.