WORK ….. for some people this word represents drudgery and the mundane. Work can easily be a daily grind full of monotonous and thankless tasks. For others, work is an idol to be served. But sometimes the job is not the problem, we are – because we refuse to attach any significance to the work we are doing. And so our work becomes dull and tedious because we allow it to be that way. We may not be thinking Christianly about that job we are doing, and our lack of joy in doing our work is a direct result of the lack of significance we attach to it. Tim Challies writes a great article on our attitudes to work and how they can shape the work we do. http://www.challies.com/christian-living/work-that-makes-a-difference
Consider these questions:-
- Can we glorify God by engaging in work and business?;
- Can we integrate our work and weekend life to live fruitfully for God?;
- Can we successfully connect our Sunday worship experience to Monday morning work?
- What does it mean to be a Christian business person in the workplace?
- How can I know what I am supposed to do with my life?
CBD has a selection of books covering the topic of our Christian vocation in all of our lives, not just on Sundays. So weather you are teaching a class full of kids, fighting for justice in a court of law, welding a gate post or ironing your kids clothes, God is interested in the work you do. He can transform it and use it for His Glory.