9 in stock
God is on the move in these last days as a growing number of disciple-making/church-planting movements are flourishing under the Holy Spirit’s guidance to impact peoples through God’s Word.
The Bible’s best impact is when groups that share life together (at home, work or play):
- enjoy “discovery” study—discussing and obeying God’s wordwith no “expert” teacher other than the Holy Spirit,
- then seek out and equip “Persons of Peace” (POPs) in other groups do the same.
Stubborn Perseverance is the true-to-life story of one such movement, from which any believer can learn to actively join God in finding and equipping POPs to be the doorway for a Kingdom movement in their culture or community.
Stubborn Perseverance illustrates how to build on a foundation of prayer, fasting and prayer-walking with six means of finding POPs, then training them to disciple their households, to multiply, and to mature in Christ.
The six approaches to finding POPs demonstrated in this book are:
- salting our conversation with thanksgiving to God,
- sharing our personal salvation story,
- asking Muslims, “who has had a dream from God?,”
- offering prayer for healing, demonization, and “storms of life,”
- using verses in the Qur’an as a bridge to the Bible, and
- sharing a Creation to Christ gospel presentation.
Christians (and perhaps Muslims) concerned for the drift of Islam toward radicalism will also find great help in this book, which offers a pathway of hope for Muslims to rediscover the “former books” (the Bible) and the understanding of Isa there to which the Qur’an points them, but from which tradition has separated them.
All those who follow Jesus as the light of the world (or the “straight path” pointed to by Islam) will friend great hope and help in this book.