Steps (DVD Set)
5 in stock
Steps: Gospel-Centered Recovery. The DVDs include promotional segments, introductions to each of the 13 sessions from Matt Chandler, core content from trained pastoral counselors, and roundtable discussions.
This 13-session discipleship program takes people to the root of sin and suffering in order to embrace the freedom found only in Christ’s redemption. Potentially life-changing experiences are brought about by in-depth Bible study, thorough personal assessments, insightful teaching videos, and honest interactions with a group leader and mentor.
Honed over years of implementation at The Village Church’s campuses in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Steps formed the foundation of the church’s ongoing recovery ministry. It continues to be one of the most fruitful discipleship courses offered throughout the calendar year.
In these 13 sessions, Matt Chandler and Michael Snetzer invite other pastors from The Village Church to teach each of the 12 steps. Building on the incomplete truths of traditional recovery programs, Steps elevates the redeemed truths to be seen through the light of Scripture and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Theologically rich and steeped in the wisdom of practical biblical counseling, Steps is more than a Bible study; it’s a discipleship tool and the foundation for gospel-centered recovery.
1. The Genesis: Creation and Fall
2. The Remedy of Our Insanity: The Gospel
3. The Response of Faith: Repentance
4. The Result: Justification, Adoption, and Sanctification
5. Assessing Anger and Abuse
6. Assessing Sex, Guilt, and Shame
7. Assessing Fear, Grief, and Loss
8. Getting to the Roots: Offering and Asking
9. Peacemaking 1: Reconciling and Amending
10. Peacemaking 2: Confronting and Forgiving
11. Persevering and Pursuing
12. The Joy of Making Much of His Name