Ready to Launch (Workbook)
5 in stock
Ready to Launch Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for seven sessions, exercises for parents between group meetings, applicable Scripture, and a group discussion guide.
Christian parents are not seeking mere behavior modification in their children but the growth of truly godly passions. “Training a child up in the way he should go” must be done intentionally, with the mind and heart of God. Based on Psalm 127, this study plumbs the wisdom of the Bible about the goals of parenting, the stages of discipline, the role of the church, and strategies to shape the heart toward the gospel.
- A completely biblical and theological approach to parenting
- Between-group exercises for parents
- Understand the role of prayer and how to cultivate a prayerful and God-dependent posture in your children
- Discover a “gospel-centered” approach to parenting
- Examine the difference between being child-centered and parent-centered
- Address issues associated with rebellion, stages of discipline, and the notion of “grace-based” parenting
J.D. and Veronica Greear: J.D. is Lead Pastor at The Summit Church in Raleigh-Durham, N.C. He is also the author of Gospel: Recovering the Power that Made Christianity Revolutionary (2011) and Stop Asking Jesus into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You are Saved (2013). J.D. and his beautiful, relatable, fun, and passionate wife, Veronica, live in Raleigh, N.C. and are raising four ridiculously cute kids: Kharis, Alethia, Ryah, and Adon. J.D. completed his Ph.D. in Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary where he is also a faculty member, and Veronica is a graduate of the University of Virginia.