Praying with Paul (Workbook)
By: Carson, D.A.
36 in stock
Praying with Paul Bible – Study Guide includes a small-group experience for 8 sessions, individual study, applicable Scripture, and a group discussion guide. Back matter includes tips for leading a group and a leader’s guide.
It’s doubtful that there is any Christian who has not sometimes found it difficult to pray. In itself this is neither surprising nor depressing: it is not surprising, because we are still pilgrims with many lessons to learn; it is not depressing, because struggling with such matters is part of the way we learn. God doesn’t demand hectic church programs and frenetic schedules; he only wants his people to know him more intimately, says author D.A. Carson. The apostle Paul found the kind of spiritual closeness in his own fellowship with the Father that is available to all of us. Praying with Paul leads group members into the Epistles to see what Paul taught in his “school of prayer.” In 8 sessions, group members will be exposed to the priorities of prayer, a God-centered framework for prayer, and practices for a more meaningful and dynamic prayer life. Christians today can still achieve the confidence Paul enjoyed by following his life-shaping principles and searching for a deeper devotional experience.
- Teaching from D.A. Carson
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
- Leader tips
- Fresh commentary for personal study segments
- 8-session Study Guide with group and personal component
- In-depth video presentation
- Group experience driven by content from Carson’s book on prayer
- Develop a more effective framework for praying
- Get “unstuck” when it comes to prayer
- Become better acquainted with the prayers of Paul
- Gain a better biblical understanding of prayer and petition
- Learn biblical approaches to praying for power and ministry
- Enjoy a trusted teacher in every group
D.A. Carson is one of the founders of The Gospel Coalition and a research professor of New Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois. He is the author of many books including How Long, O Lord? He is also the editor of Teach Us to Pray and Right with God.