Matchless (DVD Set)
5 in stock
Who is Jesus? Why did He come to earth? How can I know Him?
We live in a world where there’s a lot of confusion about Jesus. Too often people want to shape Him and His message to fit their personal needs or agendas. So how can we know the truth?
Join Seamless author Angie Smith in this 8-session search for truth as she unfolds the story of our matchless Savior—His mission, miracles, and message. Through her signature wit and accessible style, Angie unpacks Scripture in a way that’s easy to understand, regardless of how long you’ve been studying the Bible (a great option for new believers!). This study will deepen your understanding of Jesus through biblical, historical, and cultural insight and help you see Him less as an iconic figure and more as an intimate friend.
DVD Set Includes:
- 2 DVDs with enriching teaching videos, approximately 10–15 minutes per session
- Enrich your understanding of Jesus in His historical and cultural contexts.
- Allow the truth about Jesus to confront your doubt.
- Get equipped to share the gospel of Jesus with others.
- Session 1 (11:22)—In Session 1, Angie introduces the Bible study and challenges us with the question that drives the study and is one all of us have to answer: Who is Jesus?
- Session 2 (10:35)—Angie reminds us in the Session 2 video that Jesus didn’t show up as a grown man with all the answers, but came as a baby, grew as a boy, and spent many years just living life so He could identify with us. What a Savior!
- Session 3 (10:31)—It seems that there were always crowds of people around Jesus. But in the Session 3 video, Angie tells the story of Jesus’ powerful work in the lives of two daughters to show how that even in the midst of the crowd, He found the individual.
- Session 4 (8:12)—In Session 4, Angie explains that Jesus didn’t teach to impart knowledge, but to show us how to love and relate to God. He didn’t teach us to increase our intelligence, but to provide rest for our souls.
- Session 5 (17:01)—Angie points out in the Session 5 video that Jesus’ purpose in doing miracles was not to put on a show or make a name for Himself, but to show His authority and to point people to Himself. And she emphasizes that His greatest work remains not making sick people well, but bringing dead people to life.
- Session 6 (6:22)—Thomas said he had to have proof before he would believe in the resurrected Jesus. In Session 6, Angie says that many of us are like Thomas—we need proof to believe. But like Thomas, once we realize who we are and who Jesus is, proof is no longer a requirement for belief.
- Session 7 (12:00)—Angie emphasizes in Session 7 that the ministry of Christ didn’t end when He left the earth. It’s now our responsibility, as the church, to continue to share the good news of the story of Jesus.
- Session 8 (8:09)—Angie closes the study in Session 8 with a final challenge to look deep at what we really believe about Jesus. She reminds us the most important thing is not knowing about Him, but knowing Him. Personally.