Finding God Faithful (DVD Leader Kit)
3 in stock
Trace the path of Joseph’s life in the Book of Genesis to observe how God’s sovereignty reigns, even in our darkest moments. Learn to recognize when God is working during periods of waiting, trust God’s plan when life doesn’t make sense, and rest in the sufficiency of His presence in every circumstance. His provision is enough, His presence is constant, and His purpose is unstoppable. (8 sessions)
Leader Kit Includes:
- One Bible study book. Includes personal study segments with homework to complete between 8 weeks of group sessions. Also includes leader helps to guide questions and discussions within small groups.
- DVDs with teaching videos, approximately 35 minutes per session
- Card with 3 additional digital downloads of teaching videos, Wordsearch digital library, and extra leader resources
- Place your hope in the God who is with you.
- Learn to trust God’s purposes when life doesn’t make sense.
- Recognize how God is working in your waiting.
- Rest in the sufficiency of God’s presence in every circumstance.
- Session 1: Set Apart (29:38)—Kelly sets the stage for the Finding God Faithful study by delving into Joseph’s backstory. She takes a look at how Abraham, Joseph’s great grandfather, was set apart by God for God’s purposes. She reminds us that though some of Joseph’s family history isn’t pretty, God is sovereignly using all of it to tell His story.
- Session 2: The Unlikely Path of Blessing (29:38)—Kelly will creatively walk us through some of Joseph’s most trying times as his brother’s jealousy results in Joseph being trafficked to Egypt. But we’ll see that God was always with Joseph, carrying out His purpose, fulfilling His promise.
- Session 3: Faithful in Brokenness (41:35)—This session finds Joseph in Egypt, serving Potiphar. Things seem to be going well for Joseph until false accusations lead to prison. Kelly will point out that Joseph’s faithfulness to God stays true even in the broken times. The lessons learned in Joseph’s suffering will help us face our own difficult days.
- Session 4: Faithful in Abundance (35:56)—We see Joseph delivered from prison by his God-given ability to interpret Pharaoh’s dreams. Kelly will point out that Joseph quickly goes from the pit to the palace, but his faithfulness to God doesn’t waver. We’ll be challenged to faithfully use our abundant blessings from God for His purpose and glory.
- Session 5: Extravagant Mercy (36:19)—Kelly points out that mercy is the key word in this session. Jacob sends the brothers back to Egypt, reluctantly including Benjamin. He prays before they leave that “the man,” Joseph, would be merciful to them, having no idea the depth of mercy needed for these brothers who sold “the man” into slavery. The mercy Joseph will extend foreshadows the extravagant mercy Jesus extends to all of us.
- Session 6: The Process of Forgiveness (35:18)—We relive one of the most tender moments in the Scripture as Joseph reveals his identity and forgives his brothers. Kelly will challenge us to see people through God’s perspective and forgive as we have been forgiven.
- Session 7: A Redemption Story (35:08)—We learn the simple but profound truth—there is no redemption without a redeemer. We see Jacob bless Joseph’s sons, including them in the covenant promise. As Kelly points out, this shows that God’s redemption always exceeds our expectations and that there is no one too lost or too far gone.
- Session 8: A Faithful Finish (36:08)—We see Joseph assuring his nervous brothers with a profound statement: You planned evil against me; God planned it for good. Kelly points out that Joseph closed with a faithful finish, choosing throughout his life not to focus on his present circumstance but to trust the promises, goodness, and sovereignty of God.