Bunyan’s “The Pilgrim’s Progress” (Christian Guides to the Classics) [eBook]
s have even read them on our own. But for those of us who remain a bit intimidated or simply want to get more out of our reading, Crossway’s Christian Guides to the Classics are here to help.
In these short guidebooks, popular professor, author, and literary expert Leland Ryken takes you through some of the greatest literature in history while answering your questions along the way.
- Includes an introduction to the author and work
- Explains the cultural context
- Incorporates published criticism
- Defines key literary terms
- Contains discussion questions at the end of each unit of the text
- Lists resources for further study
- Evaluates the classic text from a Christian worldview
This volume leads readers through John Bunyan’s classic Christian allegory, The Pilgrim’s Progress, offering insights into the nature of faith, the reality of temptation, and the glory of salvation.
Leland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) served as professor of English at Wheaton College for over 43 years. He has authored or edited over three dozen books, including The Word of God in English and The Complete Literary Guide to the Bible. He is a frequent speaker at the Evangelical Theological Society and served as literary stylist for the English Standard Version Bible.