Authentic Love (Workbook) (Girls)
25 in stock
Every day we are invited into a world where we can create, customize, and even change our identity. We become consumers in a culture that tells us we can have whatever we want whenever we want it. Speaking directly to the hearts of girls, Authentic Love: Christ, Culture, and the Pursuit of Purity exposes culture’s distorted messages about purity and love and reveals how God has created us for a lifestyle of personal holiness. Over the course of 8 sessions, girls will examine five attributes of holiness that shape our identity. They will be challenged to reject the self-serving influences of culture and embrace what it means to live as godly young women who reflect the character of Christ.
- 8 group sessions
- Leader helps in the back of the book to guide questions and discussion with small groups
- Biblically rooted and gospel-centered approach to sexual purity
- Students will recognize the difference between culture’s distorted messages about sex and God’s design for it.
- As they learn to pursue a lifestyle of personal holiness and put aside selfish desires, students will be equipped to fight sexual sin and temptation.
- Examines the importance of sexual purity through the lenses of identity, forgiveness, love, humility, self-sacrifice, and endurance.
About the Author
Amy-Jo Girardier is the Girls Minister at Brentwood Baptist Church in Brentwood, TN. She has been serving in this role for 14 years and still can’t believe this is what she gets to do for a job! Originally from Springfield, IL, Amy-Jo graduated from Southwest Baptist University and attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary to pursue a Masters in Christian Education. She is the founding editor of www.girlsminister.com, a website created to connect and resource girls ministers, moms, and youth workers engaged in the girls ministry conversation. Amy-Jo has also written Faithful One: A Study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians for Teen Girls with Lifeway and serves on the Lifeway Girls Ministry Team. She is married to Darrel and they have a son, Scout, and another son on the way.