Why Government Can’t Save You
Out of stock
The Lord did not come as a political deliverer or social reformer. He did not rally supporters in a grandiose attempt to “capture the culture” for morality or greater political and religious freedom. Rather, His divine calling was to rescue the lost souls of individual men and women from sin and hell.
In Why Government Can’t Save You: An Alternative to Political Activism, author John MacArthur illustrates through Scripture that, regardless of the numerous immoral, unjuust, and ungodly failures of secular government, believers are to pray and seek to influence the world for Christ by godly, selfless, and peaceful living under that authority, not by protests against the government or by acts of civil disobedience. Dr. MacArthur will explore these areas:
- Christians’ responsibility to authority
- How and why we should support our leaders
- How to live righteously in a pagan culture
- The principle of paying taxes
- Jesus’ lessons on tax exemptions
- The biblical purpose of government
- The principle and reasons for civil obedience.
“To devote all, or even most, of our time, energy, money, and strategy to putting a façade of morality on the world or the appearance of ‘rightness’ over our governmental and political institutions is to badly misunderstand our roles as Christians in a spiritually lost world.” ?John MacArthur