NRSV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible Br
Out of stock
Discover new dimensions of insight with a behind-the-scenes tour of the ancient world
You’ve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind even the most familiar stories of Scripture. That’s what the NRSV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible provides. Every page of this NRSV Bible is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of biblical times. These fascinating explanations will serve to clarify your study of the Scriptures, reinforcing your confidence and bringing difficult passages of Scripture into sharp focus.
The Bible was originally written to an ancient people removed from us by thousands of years and thousands of miles. The Scriptures include subtle culturally based nuances, undertones, and references to ancient events, literature and customs that were intuitively understood by those who first heard the texts read. For us to truly understand the Scriptures as they did, we need a window into their world and language.
The NRSV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) in the Old Testament and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary) in the New Testament, brings the ancient world of Scripture to life for modern readers.
Expertly designed for the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) text, Zondervan’s exclusive Comfort Print® delivers a smooth reading experience that complements the foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars. Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV faithfully serves the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy.
- The complete text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- 2017 ECPA Bible of the Year Recipient
- Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Words of Jesus in red
- Cross references, NRSV Authorized Concise Glossary and Concordance, indexes, and other helps for Bible study
- Leathersoft cover lays flat when open
- Exclusive Zondervan NRSV Comfort Print® typeface
- 10.4-point print size